Thursday, August 9, 2007

Once upon a time...

Welcome to Faerie Cakes! I wanted a site for my creative output. I have a bunch of ideas for purses, dolls, and a few quilt ideas too. I found this awesome site called Etsy.com where you can buy and sell just about anything handmade. It's like eBay for crafts!


This is a knitted bunny I have started for Violet. The pattern is from Knitted Toys by Zoe Mellor. You can't tell from the picture, but the yarn has a mettalic ply running through it. Oh so pretty! Thus far I have the body and most of the head done.



These are the wall letters I decorated for Violet's room. I used scrapbook paper for each letter and distressed and inked the edges. I love the way the O came out so I included a close up of it. Hope you like them!





And lastly, these are a few shots of flowers that are blooming in my huble garden. The first is a 'Limelight' Hydrangea and the second is Sweet William, either that or Soapwart. I can't tell and I know I planted them near each other.



No comments: